Apartment living can be great, so long as you respect your landlords rules. Whether you’re just settling into your new apartment in Palmdale, or getting ready to move, these tips will help ensure you get your security deposit back, or at the very least understand why you aren’t.
- Read your lease carefully to ensure that you aren’t breaking any rules, or in something seems unreasonable, ask to change or alter a clause prior to signing it.
- Document everything upon moving in by taking notes and pictures. Then give this list to your landlord to sign and keep for your records.
- Keep it clean by removing any stains before they set, and contacting your landlord regarding any normal wear and tear immediately.
- Upon moving out, clean again. You don’t want to be charged for any trash that is strewn about, or an excessive number of nail holes.
- Be sure you understand your rights as a renter, as the landlord is required by law to give you a written account of charges accrued.